Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Pirate Booty

Ahoy me hearties! These here pirate booties are the cutest around!

We didn't do much for Halloween this year. I threw some costumes together at the last minute. Being a pirate is cheap, easy and adorable. Put a wife-beater shirt with some old jeans that you have shredded around the bottom, slap on a bandana and a kohl-liner moustache...TAH-DAH!

Isn't she lovely? I think she may need a smidge more ribbon.

Being a Princess/Ballerina is easy too. Tu-tu with some make-up and a bow. Word to the wise: Avoid applying make-up (especially eyeshadow of the purpley-black persuasion) while holding a squirming, screaming, irritated 15 month old. It makes for uneven application and a subsequent black-eye look on your princess. Ugh. Sorry, Boo.


Always look tough when you are pirate, even if your a big softie. (He's my little marshmallow)


Can you guess how many takes it took to get this okay photo? Try fifteen. Tiny was determined to scream the whole time. I don't know what was going on with him, but he was a pirate mess. I was directing Bubba and Boo to run and stand next to Tiny wherever he stopped in the yard. So when he actually stopped moving, I would start yelling, "Go! Go! Go! Stand next to him! Hurry!" And then I would furiously snap away. This was the only pic that had all three looking at the camera. It was pretty hysterical.


Pirates don't steal lawnmowers! (He does look a little confused.)

I hope you all had a great weekend. I am working on my video for Challenge #7. (that's why there is no recipe in this post, just shameless plugging of my overly-cute kids.) Think theatrical and indulgent. It will be up this weekend. They gave us an extra week to make our videos! 

Hopefully I get another post in before that...

Love ya, Foodies!

6 comments:

  1. your kids are too precious for words, too TOO precious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your kids are so animated and adorable! I was wondering something. Do you make all your beautiful "fancy food" for your kids, or do you cook them something separate? I realize they're kind of young, so they probably were not digging on your open-faced Danish sandwiches:) Just curious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Jamie- Thank you girl! They are pretty cute!

    @Jenn- I would say, with the exception of the Danish sammies, yes. Most everything else they eat in one form or another. My grocery bill would be outrageous if I didn't feed it to them. We really try to get them to try new stuff all the time. I'm of the "this is what's for dinner eat it or don't" thought. I just don't have time to make several different meals for each one. I will however, help them out a bit. For instance, Boo does not like pizza. (I think it's the cheese) so I just give her the toppings- minus the cheese- and she eats them. But yes, to answer your question, they eat most everything I make. Really great question. Thanks Jenn!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww I loved seeing your kids in their costumes--they all look so cute! Looking forward to the video!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Overly cute kids are just what I needed tonight. Your children always bring smiles to my faces. Your kids are so lucky to have such a beautiful and talented mama! I can't wait to see your video. I am looking forward to it. Take care, sweet woman!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by Foodie House! If you have any questions, feel free to leave them here or email me. I appreciate your support and LOVE hearing from my readers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...